Adverlets

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Emotional Intelligence ... in Workplace





I wonder why I lost control to my customers at times. Comparatively, my temper is much more better compare to earlier, still ....sometimes, some incidents made me really mad. I wonder why my EQ, or so called Emotional Intelligence is so weak? I know a lot of times is not the talent / skills of a particular person that made him successful. There are much more factors that made a person successful, I think one of it is someone with high EQ.

An employee with high EQ can manage his own impulses, communicate with others effectively, mange change well, solve problems effectively and use humour to build rapport in tense situations. These employees have empathy, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity, and are gifted at educating and persuading in a sales situation and resolving customers complaints in a customer service role. ( quoted from EQ expert )
After reading this, I know I am still lacking on some "elements"....long way to go!!

There was one study of 44 Fortune 500 companies found that salespeople with high EQ produced twice the revenue of those with average or below average scores.
Sometimes, we wonder why that young guy can climb up the corporate leader so fast? Why my friend is so lucky to get that high pay job and not me? Why his career route is so easy? Why why and why?

It is always not the element of luck, successful people always say luck is just playing a small portion. Is not the family background or education even. We have seen a lot of entrepreneur with very low education background. I think the key to success of a lot of big names is their soft skills. Keep learning, and I believe some situations happen in my life is to mold me to become a better person. Thank you, my dear customers!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails