Adverlets

Monday, October 13, 2008

Gua Sha - Chinese Medicine



Last week I went for Gua Sha. In fact, I just wanted a good back massage, as sitting in front of the PC for long period of time made my back ( upper ) really aching. However, the massage lady advised me to do Gua Sha as well. I agreed with her coz I know it is good. To be frank, after the treatment of about 10 minutes Gua Sha I feel extremely good, my back ache was much relieved! Of course, my back was terribly red. Something like the picture above. After my dear saw it, he was criticizing me. He said I am stupid to believe this thing work. I didn't confronted him at that time, coz I know I should give him some facts then only he will believe me.
Here it goes.....Gu Sha is a healing technique used in Asia, mainly in China. It involves palpation and cutaneous stimulation where the skin is pressured, by a round edged instrument. It will results in the appearance of small red pettish called " sha"....which will fade in 2 or 3 days time.If there is no Blood stasis the pettish will not form and the skin will only turn pink.
According to the massage lady, the longer one to "get rid" of the redness, the slower his / her metabolism is.
Gua Sha actually promotes circulation and normalizes metabolic processes. This traditional technique removes blocked stagnation and promoting normal circulation and metabolic processes.

I even found out that this treatment is used in the West,in some hospital in Germany, Gu Sha is implemented. I concluded that this type of traditional treatment is proven, something like Indian Ayurveda. More and more natural healing believer like me, will opt for this kind of treatment rather than simply taking medicine when one is not feeling well. Antibiotic will make our immune systems weaker only.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails