Adverlets

Friday, October 31, 2008

Luxury bags???What's the attraction?




After yesterday conversation with LQ, I was pondering, I really cannot figure out the attraction of buying luxury bags. Is like an "addiction" already. If you know some crazy branded bag users OUT THERE, I bet you, they will sure have more than one bag collection.......what's the thing attracting them to go after one another? I really crack my head.

If I still do not know the value of money, I will definitely go after it as well....coz LQ is a big fan, she is "pressuring" me to at least own one. Hmm.....in fact, the reason of owning the branded / luxury bag is simply "showing off"....we just want to have class, telling others , come on, I have taste, I have money, is a kind of status representation....some what like man go after luxury car. They will keep upgrading themselves, Honda Accord, re-cond Lexus, Merc, BMW.....the list will go on.....from C Class to E Class to S Class......never ending.
I was thinking like man go after car to show their "capability to earn money"....women showing off by the bag they carry. Or else, in fact no matter how attractive is the design or how durable it is, I don't think it worth RM5,000 to buy just a bag. For those collection fans, their cupboard will be having at least 10 of those, these add up, she will be able to but a small house huh??!!

Yea, we know we are living in a world that people recognize you by your dressing, they might not be able to see your CK underwear, so in order to give a status impression, people go for Rolex watch, carrying an LV bag to show their class...of course, for those who can afford to wear Rolex will not drive a Kancil. If she drives a Kancil, you can be sure that the Rolex is from Petaling Street haha....
Anyway, LQ, I am not against branded stuff, I do buy them as well, according to my ability, iF I can afford to buy a normal brand like Guess, I can only afford that, I will not go for those which will eat up my whole month or even few months salary...
When I upgraded my salary / earning, I will definetely consider..haha...I know every women like that kind of "feel good" factor of carrying a luxury bag...like man enjoys others looking at them and their car.

Is not the matter of right or wrong to go after luxury bag, it is very personal...but I agreed with LQ, no point buying fake one to show off, it maybe end up in a more embarrassing situation!
Anyway, if we have high self esteem we do not need to use these thing to tell others "I have class"....from the way we carry ourselves and communicate, others will know whether we have substance inside. Warren Buffett does not have to wear a Rolex watch to tell others he is successful, it is our internal qualities that is much more important.
I guess the priority is to upgrade our intellectual capability, our emotional intelligence, then when you have all these...going after material satisfaction will be automatic...haha again my philosophy...

3 comments:

Robert Lau said...

..believe me....the really rich do not buy to show off!! they understand the values that goes with it...

Regards,

Robert Lau

Angie said...

i 100% agree with robert. i have a few frens and they really rich but they are very humble and many people don't even know they are that rich. always in low profile......

SimpleGirl said...

Robert & Angie: I am not against branded goods. I am a quality product supporter. I just don't understand why people can spend so much money on just a bag? I know not all rich are showing off...

Related Posts with Thumbnails