Adverlets

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gao Lee - Dim Sum - another Yum Cha place in Ipoh




When one talk about Ipoh Dim Sum, they will always link to famous Fo San or Ming Court Dim Sum.
Here, I am sharing another option of Dim Sum in Ipoh - Gao Lee Restaurant.

This Restaurant have a fair choice of Dim Sum which taste good as well. The "Ho Leaf Rice", Cha Siew Bao, Egg Tarts are quite good. Some people will order they fried noodles as well.
It is not that kind of authentic dim sum restaurant, because they serve a lot of other food as well....it's actually quite rojak haha!!Anyway, even though it is not the best in town, still consider tasty!
Especially during holiday season, you will find those famous restaurant too crowded, where you don't even get a seat, you can head to this restaurant.








Location: Off Jalan Dato Lau Pak Khuan, just right behind Shell Petrol Station.

11 comments:

Allie said...

I luv Ipoh dim sum. The char siew pau, egg tart and fish ball just make me drool.
My choice is Yuk Fook Moon restaurant just opposite Ming court.

SimpleGirl said...

yea, Allie, Yok Fook Moon also serves great dim sum. My aunty is fancy of their "Da Bao".

ck lam said...

My favourite dim sum item from Ipoh is always the egg tart! Can't be found anywhere in Penang.

SimpleGirl said...

Hi CK, I found one similar one in Penang when I was there. It is a Dim Sum restaurant in Anson Road, opp KDU college, their egg tart ok.

J2Kfm said...

oh, Kao Lee! haha, i was wondering which shop u meant. true, the place more comfy and easier to find seats (barely easier).

but price-wise, steeper right?

SimpleGirl said...

Motormouth, price, I think more or less the same lei...i don't think is more expensive than Fo San and all....

PureGlutton said...

Ahh...i think i know this place. Good alternative if all the other top dim sum places are crowded out!

SimpleGirl said...

YEA pureglutton, in fact the dim sum also taste good here.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I love Ipoh food too. Whenever I go back to Ipoh, I'll surely stuff myself full with good old Ipoh food. And yes, I love Gao Lee's dim sum too.

SimpleGirl said...

health freak mommy, thanks for dropping by...ya Kao Lee dim sum is quite nice also...

SimpleGirl said...

Last month my visit to Gao Lee WAS extremely disappointed!!! The dim sum are cold and not up to mark, I guess they have change their cook or something, lousy!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails