Adverlets

Friday, November 14, 2008

Restoran 222 - Yummy Pan Mee


The Pan Mee Stall - "Pin Heong" is allocated inside this coffee shop

There are a lot of simple yet tasty food around Ipoh. Here in Ipoh, we are more famous of the "soupy food" like Bean Sprout Ho Fun , Yong Dao Fu with soup noodles, and nevertheless Pan Mee ( flour made noodle)

I particularly like this stall which serves yummy pan mee near Jalan Pasir Puteh. It was in Ipoh Garden South, it was closed down , and few months ago re-opened at Coffee Shop / restaurant 222 along Jalan Pasir Puteh ( Just the first role of shop lot soon after you arrive at Jalan Pasir Puteh).

The soup is very good, more like homecook style, whereby you can taste the ikan bilis essence a.k.a. anchovies ( but not fishy ), you don't feel like drinking "ajinomoto" soup.
Since it is Pan Mee, the noodle of course is the main attraction. The texture is quite fluffy. I believe the dough is nicely prepared, therefore it is not too had or too soft. There are 3 types of noodle for selection : piece noodle, slim noodle or thick noodle.
In addition, the chili belacan they serve together with the noodle is lovely too!




Soup Pan Mee - RM3.50/=
< Sorry, I need to improve on my photography skills in taking food, I will improve on it. Picture speaks more than word....I will improve! >


If one fine day, you feel like eating some soupy food, it is highly recommend to check out this stall.
P/s: They serves dry Pan Mee as well.

11 comments:

emotionalistic said...

Yummy. Do they offer dry-type of pan mee as well?

SimpleGirl said...

Hi Emotionalistic, thanks for dropping by. Yea, they serve dry Pan Mee as well. However, I have not tried that version yet. As everytime I go, I will be tempted to eat the soup one!

Allie said...

I am a great fan of pan mee. Yummy. I like the thick pan mee more.

SimpleGirl said...

Hi Allie, there's one I tried before in Island Glades Penang, the dry Pan Mee also nice!

Duckie said...

looks good. you from ipoh?

Little Inbox said...

I like pan mee too, cuz it is less in food additives.

SimpleGirl said...

Hi duckie, yes, I am from Ipoh.

Hi LittleInBox: Yeah, I totally agreed with you. Basically Pan Mee is more natural, no bleaching etc...

Precious Pea said...

Aiyoo......i want one bowl now. Maybe i should cook that for dinner tonite.

Angie said...

talking about Pan Mee, there is a Pan Mee stall at Taman Bukit Jambul flat. Quite famous, i think most of the people who are working or staying at bayan lepas area know this place. Penangite should go and try... yummy!

SimpleGirl said...

Precious Pea..wow u know how to cook Pan Mee? Briliant!

Angie, yea, the Bukit Jambul flat Pan Mee, especially dry one is superb!! Miss it so much!!! Still existing???

Angie said...

yup the stall is still there. we go and eat together during your next trip to penang ya?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails