Adverlets

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Portugese Settlement - Melaka

We went to Melaka for our new year eve. This time round, we had our dinner at the Portuguese Settlement , whereby the seafood are famous!

The sunset of last day 2008....beautiful taken in front of the waterfront of Portuguese Settlement..



There are many stalls selling seafood just in front of the waterfront of Portuguese Settlement here in Melaka. I've read a review about a stall here, but it was closed that day, so we opted for Stall no.5 Restoran J'Splash Five, which seems to be quite crowded, assuming the food must be good, we gave a try! The results - YES, it was great!

The first dish - Portuguese Style Baked Fish - taste excellent! RM26.00


The second dish - Grilled Brinjal with Pepper - RM6.00


Lastly, the fried sotong - RM10


We really enjoy the food and the place, a simple and nice meal.
Not to mentioned, the houses at Portuguese Settlement are nicely decorated for Christmas and it was so nice....until it attracted tourist to take photos in front of the house...


The whole place is nicely lighten up and full of Christmas "feel"....







They just had Christmas Open Day on 27th December....




I guess should be Portuguese word...street name

12 comments:

Allie said...

I've dine here before too but I dine at stall #2 (if not mistaken). The grilled fish in portugese style is nice.

btw, the grilled brinjal looks good. How's the taste?

desmond-t said...

Hmm the last time I went there was three years ago! God i miss the seafood and the seaview!

I am so goin back to Melaka for a visit again!

ck lam said...

I did not manage to eat at this place as I only stay a night on my last year trip.

SimpleGirl said...

Allie, the grilled brinjal taste good, with the pepper touch and brinjal sweetness

desmond-t, you should you and check this out in Melaka!

ck, do drop by this place if you happen to to Melaka next time!

Little Inbox said...

Grilled brinjal? Have not try before. I want to have the grilled fish. Next trip la...

Duckie said...

this is the best place to be for christmas in malaysia!!!

SimpleGirl said...

Little Inbox, yes, must check it out ya!

Duckie, yes, it was nicely decorated for Christmas, you really don't feel like you are in Malaysia haha...

worldwindows said...

We took time off and spent time with my family in Ipoh and my in-laws in Penang over 2 different week. Just chilled out and enjoy life. Malacca is the place I go when I need a short break. Great hotels and lots of food not easily found in other places!

J2Kfm said...

i was there ONE night before you!!! hahaha... we missed each other by a wink.

only that I didnt order the grilled fish, as I found the gravy to be slightly bland, compared to the Malay/Chinese style of ikan bakar.

happy new year!

SimpleGirl said...

Worldwindows, yes, Melaka is a nice place for an espace, lovely!

J2kfm, really you also were there? Anyway, the Portugese styled is not bland la, the gravy taste great, should give a try next visit!

vkeong said...

wow the grilled fish did catch my attention

SimpleGirl said...

vkeong, the Portugese styled grilled fish taste superb!

Related Posts with Thumbnails