Adverlets

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Home-cooked food @ Earth Hour Day

We had some simple home-cooked food on Earth Hour Day. We had an early dinner in order to ensure all lights are off by 8.30pm.
I decided to cook Belacan Fried Chicken. After browsing through some recipes in the net, I modified it and made my own version of Belacan Fried Chicken.
Firstly, I marinated the chicken (about 400g) for 3 hours.

Blend the following ingredients into paste
1. small cube of belacan ( I used Cheng Kim Chuan brand )
2. 5 cloves of garlic
3. 5-6 chili padi
4. some curry leaves (optional)
Then, add 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1/2teaspoon of salt.

I coated the chicken with flour and fry, in fact, I used multi-purposes frying powder only.
I used rice bran oil for frying, which is a healthier option for frying, as it can stands with high heat and will not get oxidized easily.



This is my first time cooking Belacan Fried Chicken, hmm....not bad though, my mum and bf also said it tasted good! I am so happy, motivated to cook more haha.

We also cooked Tom Yam soup

With little bit of Tom Yam paste, slice some ginger, garlic, onions, lemon grass with some carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, few chicken and prawns pieces.

The Omelet with Chinese celery, cooked by my boy friend.




So, we were done with the 2 simple dishes and one soup, ready for dinner!


After dinner, there we go, off the lights in support of Earth Hour. Most importantly, let's try to change our lifestyle from now on to save our planet!

18 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Wah, although it's simple, but it looks great. Rice bran oil some more.

Bangsar-bAbE said...

The tom yam soup looks fiery, I like!! =D

Selba said...

Although it's simple but home-cooked is always the best :)

worldwindows said...

The omelette got flipped very nicely!

Ms Viv said...

wa macam sedap...... hehehe
i oso want! hehe

that omelete with chinese celery... i wonder how it taste like too...

SimpleGirl said...

little inbox, thanks. hmm, rice bran oil is healthier mah!!haha

Bangsar-babE, yea, I love tom yam soup too!

selba, agreed, nothing can beat home-cooked food

yes, not easy haha!credit to my bf!

ms viv, check it out, it taste great if you love chinese celery!

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

wow...... very simple but yet looks delicious. ^o^

Big Boys Oven said...

your dinner looks fantastic, I just love home cooked food! yum yummy!

Big Boys Oven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SimpleGirl said...

food paradise, thanks!

Big boy oven, thanks! home cooked food is always better!

foodbin said...

good effort-spurs you on to better dishes.

Duckie said...

waaa not bad!!! homecooked for earth hour!! keep it up.

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, yea, I am going to improve more on my cooking skills...just a beginner.

Duckie, yea, I have to cook more. PRACTISE made perfect right?!

J2Kfm said...

not bad. cooking at home requires less energy, burning less fuel compared to tapau from outside.

what did you do during that one hour? hope not watching TV or blogging. =P

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, we took a walk near the housing area during that one hour

Health Freak Mommy said...

That belacan fried chicken looks soooo good man! I miss this dish. You're a good cook eh?

SimpleGirl said...

health freak mommy, no lah, I am not a good cook, beginner only...anyway, thanks for the compliment!

Hong CN said...

nice nice nice meals!~

Related Posts with Thumbnails