Adverlets

Monday, March 9, 2009

Kampar - Chan Siew Heng Claypot Rice

After watching Ah Xian's program on Sunday evening, I decided to check out the claypot rice he recommended in the show. I've tried a few claypot rice in Kampar, but not this one. Driving 30km from Ipoh, we arrived at Kampar town and heading to hunt for the famous claypot rice here. We arrived at 8.30pm, the shop was very crowded, some are waiting for their take away as well.
The shop is run by 2 brothers, one of them in charge of cooking the charcoal claypot rice, another one in charge of mixing the sauce.

After waiting for more than 25mins, our fragrant claypot arrived....


The mixing


It's done....ready for makan



Not to forget the veg, always goes well with claypot rice


The claypot rice with chinese sausage, chicken and salted fish, nicely mixed with the sauce was really good. I would say is better than most the claypot rice I've tried in Ipoh. The plus point of this claypot rice:
1) All chicken skins has been removed - healthier
2) The sauce combination was good - no need to add any addition soya sauce.
3) The salted fish used is "Mui Heong" salted fish, taste much more better!

My self rating is 7/10 for Chan Siew Heng. Total price for one big claypot rice and one vege was merely RM14.00!
The shop located at Jalan Idris, Kampar, opposite Leno.


14 comments:

J2Kfm said...

i tot the wing loke yuen or something is the famous one?

i've never tried claypot rice in Kampar lah ... cz never go at night. =P

iamthewitch said...

Wow, I didn't know about Chan Siew Heng even though I am from Kampar! *frowns* I usually only eat from Wing Lok Yuen or Lam Kee. Will have to try out this place since it's recommended even by Ah Xian. :P

Bangsar-bAbE said...

The rice looks nice...with lots of gravy! How come only 7/10 rating one? o_0

SimpleGirl said...

J2kfm, yea, I never know this until watched Ah Xian....was really good! Check it out!

iamthewitch, me went there just bcoz of Ah Xian's recommendation as well....so next time you can check this out ya!

SimpleGirl said...

Bangsar-bAbE, haha....I don't want to over-rate haha....

worldwindows said...

On my last trip I was debating whether to drop by there for lunch at about 300pm. Thought it would close for business. KCCR is the best CCR I have tasted.

foodbin said...

looks a bit soggy-i prefer Lam Kee

SimpleGirl said...

worldwindows, I am not sure what time they open, but I guess dinner time should be safer to visit this place!

foodbin, not really very soggy....i love it, coz the rice is not too hard, just nice la!

yuenwoei said...

My mum just told me that this shop was mentioned on ah xian the other day, but the last time i went there was like a few years back though I'm from kampar.
Cos, my family and I were more of fans of lam kee

ck lam said...

This looks good...there are just a few stalls selling claypot rice in Pg and some of them is in the food court. Can't really find one that is good.

SimpleGirl said...

yuenwoei, really? I should check out Lam Kee as well to make a comparison......

CK, yea, I think Kampar is quite famous of claypot rice. Maybe you should check this out one day!

PenangTuaPui said...

wa... look so tempting la... beh tahan liao...

i love claypot chicken rice one... so do my wife....

kampar... would the distance stop me from hunt the claypot down.... :P

SimpleGirl said...

Penang Tua Pui, come for a Ipoh, Kampar food hunt,,,,i think is worth it!!good food waiting for u

Selba said...

Claypot rice! Love it... too bad, it's not so easy to find it here in Jakarta.

Related Posts with Thumbnails