Adverlets

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lunch@Bak Kut Teh House


I passed by this shop one afternoon, and found out that it was quite crowded. Today lunch, I decided to give a try. I invited Mrs.D to join me. At first, she was a bit skeptical, she is not as adventurous as me. I told her," Without trying, how will you know? If it is not up to your expectation, I'll compensate you, ok!"
Worst part was, when we arrived for early lunch, there was nobody yet. Mrs. D asked again," Aiyo, nobody inside, are you sure is nice?" Haha, I told her," Still early maybe. Anyway,since we are already here, just go in la."

When browsing through the menu, I noticed they do have other food items beside BKT. Since it is a Bak Kut Teh House, of course, our PRIORITY was to try their BKT. They only have individual pot Bak Kut Teh, including rice is RM8/pax.
So, we ordered 2 sets of BKT.

Here came the aromatic Bak Kut Teh



Mrs. D tasted the soup first, then she said ," Wow, taste good...strong herbal taste, I like it." Haha, I was relieved.

Not to forget to have the thick soya sauce, garlic and chilies padi, it made a perfect Bak Kut Teh dining.

After the food, I told Mrs. D, " So,shall we come back again to check out their Vinegar pork leg & Chicken wine Mee Shua?" She nodded and we happily left the place with satisfaction.
Do check this place out, you may like it too!

Address:
Bak Kut Teh House
14, Medan Ipoh 1E, Medan Ipoh Bistari, 31400, Ipoh. ( Same row as Akamomiji Japanese Restaurant)
Opens from 11am - 9pm.

11 comments:

Selba said...

Looks so yummy.... and guess what? I've never eaten bak kut teh in my life! hehehe... Was almost going to try it when I was in KL but then there're so many kind food to try and I was only for 2 nights there. Next time.. next time... :)

SimpleGirl said...

Selba, if you come to Msia next time, BKT a must try on your list! Klang Bak Kut Teh is the best. I am sure you'll like it!

J2Kfm said...

i passed by countless times, and yet the place looked deserted.

maybe i will go one of these days, after your review.

Ms Viv said...

Yes Klang Bah Kut Teh without a doubt it's the best!! i dare to say the whole world haha...
anyway.. is this better than klang's??

SimpleGirl said...

J2kfm, maybe you should try this. Of course, compare with the few BKT shops in Ipoh, this is ok.

Ms Viv, of course, NO comparison with Klang BKT....Klang is the BEST. This is ok for Ipoh standard.

Food Paradise said...

The bak kut teh looks nice leh....

Duckie said...

i love bak kut teh to the max!!! can't imagine how it would be without them!!!

worldwindows said...

Seems a new makan area in Ipoh to me. Coming from the oldschool I prefer to go back to the traditional haunts. I will check it out.

SimpleGirl said...

Food Paradise, yes, is good.

Duckie,haha, BKT really is something that Malaysian can't leave without it ya!

Worldwindows, yes, is new area...of course, still a lot of "old school" makan place still are the top preference of most people...but, for a change, why not?

foodbin said...

you are like me, always an early bird when food is concern.

Bangsar-bAbE said...

Hmmm...usually when a restaurant is empty, I won't dare try. =P

Related Posts with Thumbnails