Adverlets

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lunch@Beacon Point, Taman Perak

Today, my friend and I had a nice lunch at BEACON POINT. Since this place is not strategically located, she doesn't know where it is. Anyway, I came to know about this place 3 years back from one of my relative. She told me this is a cheaper place for western food compare to Citrus Wine and Dine.

Today, we ordered 2 sets of lunch@ RM15.80 & RM16.80 respectively.

Firstly, we had spinach soup
At least, I was sure that it was not canned soup. Taste was good.


The Baked Fish with spinach- quite nice, as in not as heavy as the cheese baked type


The Chicken with grape sauce - something new to me - the grape sauce was quite refreshing


Then, the dessert - pineapple crumble - taste good! See, they are giving some quality dessert rather than the Nestle ice-cream or jelly haha!


Since Beacon Point is known for their pastries, we ordered one piece of Coffee Cheese Cake to share - RM5.90
All I have to say is satisfactory, it so super good! I've tried their carrot walnut cake and blueberry cheese cake before, but this one is the best for me...


Beacon Point
41, Lintasan Perajurit 6,
Taman Perak, 31400, Ipoh.
Business Hour: 11am - 6pm ( Mon- Thu )
11am- 10.30pm (Fri & Sat)
Tel: 05- 546 9916
You can order birthday cake and hold functions in as well!
p/s: They have some nice tea time set from 3pm-6pm, I heard the Chicken Pie is very famous here. Check it out!

15 comments:

J2Kfm said...

i find that their desserts and pastries are better than the mains.

Selba said...

Chicken with grape sauce? Wow... sounds yummy!

SimpleGirl said...

J2Kfm, true, IF i am not mistaken they used to have baking classes...as well

Selba, yea, something new to me as well. I've tried it for the first time!

Little Inbox said...

The food looks good. Just wonder how the grape sauce tastes like.

foodbin said...

the dishes looks quite decent-value for money.

Ms Viv said...

ai yo in perak arr??
ai yo yo... so sedap.. i oso wanna eat.. today aunt yam suan called me to go italianese restaurant the place u intro one... hehehe.. but i had to go school...

nvm i wait u come kl or klang then u kai siu nice food around here... because all ur food like very sedap!

SimpleGirl said...

Little Inbox, the grape sauce tastes a bit sweet, bot too sweet. At first, I wonder, how it can be a match with chicken...but the end result was good..

Foodbin, yes, really value for money!

Ms Viv, really? I also hope to join you guys for a round of makan session soon!!You guys should bring me around ya!Not me kai siu, coz Klang is your area mah!!

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

wow... food looks delicious. Next time I should asked you to write me a list of food to eat for a one day trip to Ipoh. ^o^

My Taste Heaven said...

Oh, I was thinking where about this Taman Perak is. Thought it's in Penang. Hehe! Anyway, will try next time when I go to Ipoh again. Thanks for the info.

worldwindows said...

Beacon Point, where? Not easy to last so many years in Ipoh unless food if cheap and nice! Desserts seems good.

SimpleGirl said...

food paradise, my pleasure...to do it for you!

My Taste Heaven, thanks for dropping by. Oh, is there a Taman Perak in Penang as well? never know...yea, maybe you can check it out when you happen to come to Ipoh.

Worldwindows, is in Ipoh Garden East, Taman Perak. True, this place has been existing for many years...generally food is good. Desserts and pastries are better

Bangsar-bAbE said...

The pineapple crumble looks yummy...too bad it's in Ipoh! =(

Health Freak Mommy said...

Must check out Beacon Point the next time I go back to Ipoh. I live near BP. My mum's friend opens this restaurant.

Food Promotions said...

Hi there, do drop by our site to join our photo contest ;)

SimpleGirl said...

Bangsar babe, maybe next time you can drop by...

Health freak mommy, really? next time when I tag u along, can get discount?haha....

food promotions, sure.thanks for dropping by

Related Posts with Thumbnails