Adverlets

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ten Good@Greentown, Ipoh

On a lovely Saturday evening, we departed to Ten-Good for some Japanese cuisine. This place is always crowded at lunch time, as Greentown is one of the busiest commercial area in Ipoh. We used to go to Waraku@ Medan Ipoh for Japanese food, as the price there was reasonable and food was delectable. However, ever since they changed their chef last year, the quality has dropped tremendously. Thus, I suggested bf to try Ten-Good, as I had been there for a few times, the food at Ten-Good is palatable, even though is not super divine.

Here were the food we ordered
Some sushi - 6/10




Kimchi Fried Rice - It was zesty and flavorsome! 7/10


Some BBQ sticks - taste bit bland, not as succulent as those at Waraku. I suspect the marination of meat was not strong enough. 5/10


2 Potato Croquettes - taste wast a bit too peppery. As compared to the one we've tried (made by a Japanese lady), these are not that fantastic. Worst part was, feeling very thirsty after that , that means the MSG level was extremely high...no next time?! 4/10


Overall dining experience was just run of the mill. The food rating was just 5.5/10. Generally, price at Ten-Good was a bit on the high side for Ipoh standard. As you noticed, we didn't order any expensive stuff like sashimi or seafood. Total spending was RM 56.65 inclusive of one beer and one Oolong tea. I might be visiting this place but definitely not for their BBQ sticks and croquette!

8 comments:

foodbin said...

This is quite a nice place to have Japanese food

allie said...

Jap food! I want! Make my stomach crying for Jap food lor...
Although I just dine at Sake Sushi last few days. :)

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, the place is ok...depends on what food you ordered.

Allie, me too, a hardcore fan of Jap food!

Duckie said...

oh i love kimchi fried rice. just that when i attempt to cook it myself, it doesn't taste right!! guess i'm not one for self cook!!!

SimpleGirl said...

Duckie, don't give up! Fried rice sounds to be easy dish, but I think still need to trial and error. I am sure you can make it! I am also in my process of improving my cooking skills...

Towards healthy and leisure life~! said...

wow looks nice....

gill gill said...

im kinda crazy for kimchi fried rice recently. Looks good.

SimpleGirl said...

towards healthy and leisure living...thanks for dropping by. Hmm, generally the food are ok...

gill gill, thanks for dropping by..really, crave for kimchi fried rice...actually is nice...a bit spicy..appetizing

Related Posts with Thumbnails