Adverlets

Friday, July 31, 2009

Island Red Cafe, Ipoh

This is quite a new cafe in town. One thing that attracted me to pay a visit is the cozy outlook, nicely located in a bungalow building in Greentown.
Friday afternoon lunch, Island Red Cafe was quite crowded with all ranges of patron, OL, students, youngsters, family.
When browsing through the menu, we discovered that the food served is halal and comparatively, pricing is rather competitive.

I ordered tom yum bee hoon@ RM7.90 - ok, nothing to shout about!


My colleague ordered fish n chips@ RM9.60- so disappointed to see the thin fish piece and chips -obviously not up to mark, haha....


We also ordered chicken lor bak to share@ RM 3.30 - this was good.


Overall the food were just mediocre, and I reckon that the MSG level is high. Moreover, I was a bit irritated with the flies during the dining experience.
Maybe, this type of "fancy" cafe is not my cup of tea.....will I pay a second visit? I am doubtful??
p/s: the outlet in Gurney Plaza is opening today! 1/8/09, check in out Penangite!

The Cafe
No 104A, Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil,
Greewtown, 30400, Ipoh, Perak.

2 comments:

J2Kfm said...

there are several outlets in Penang already.
too fancy, too typical, too run of the mill cafe.

didnt expect the food to be good in any way.

SimpleGirl said...

J2kfm, yea...really nothing special!!sigh...

Related Posts with Thumbnails