Adverlets

Monday, July 20, 2009

La Manila Cafe@ Mid Valley

This is not a fancy cafe and in fact I feel like I am dining at a typical Chinese kopitiam, whereby you can hear people shouting, " Curry Mee, one bowl." or " Table three, bill!"
Anyway, the turnover of this place is really high...and if you are looking for a quick bite, something at a reasonable price and rather yummy, this is the place!

BF tried La Manila at Taman Tun and he said the food was nice. I read that the curry mee and Fried Koay Teow are very famous. I ordered one plate of FKT @RM9.00, and I was impressed because it was up to mark!


BF ordered a plate of fried rice@RM9.00, hmm....just run-of-the mill!


Their cake looks quite similar as the one available at Secret Recipe...we ordered a piece of Tiramisu@ RM5.50/ piece....taste quite one!


I will come back for other food in their menu....that's for sure! As I noticed a lot of people ordered their set rice, with Gong Po Chicken, curry mee, dry noodle with roasted duck....and other hawker food!

The Cafe:
Lot T-026, 3rd Floor,
Mid Valley Megamall.
If I am not mistaken is beside Little Vietnam....btw, their food is much more tastier than Little Vietnam!!

17 comments:

Vivien said...

I like their curry noodle, char kuey tiaw not bad too

J2Kfm said...

many mentioned that their laksa is one of the best.

still have yet to try, as there are so many outlets in midV/Gardens I've yet to sample.

Little Inbox said...

The food looks good, but a bit pricey.

worldwindows said...

La Manila is famous for the cakes for years! Even before the SR and the so on.

Big Boys Oven said...

Looks delicious from start to the dessert, I shall help you to wallop the next time in you invite! lol!

Big Boys Oven said...

Looks delicious from start to the dessert, I shall help you to wallop the next time in you invite! lol!

SimpleGirl said...

vivien, thanks for dropping by. Yes, the CKT was quite good.

J2kfm, maybe I should try their laksa next time!

little inbox, comparatively is ok, coz located in MidValley haha.....

worldwindows, I've tried one outlet in Penang many years back, the cake was so so only.....

BBO, sure....

foodbin said...

you should try their assam laksa.

buzzingbee said...

the cake looks delicious!! :)

Duckie said...

wow a bit pricey leh

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, ok, sure I will try laksa next time! thanks!

buzzingbee, yea, the cake was really yummy!

duckie, maybe it's located inside midvalley.....that's y

Selba said...

The tiramisu looks good :)

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

wow.... with that price, the foods must be thumb up leh. ^-^

SimpleGirl said...

selba, the tiramisu was above average...i like it!

food paradise, i would say the food was quite ok but not execellent la!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh I didn't know that La Manila has opened a branch at MVMM. I must try it one day. Wah, you are really a sek wong eh? You travel everywhere to eat!! So hou man!

thenomadGourmand said...

La manila been ard for a long time, and looks like they maintained the std, unlike Secret Recipe ;)

SimpleGirl said...

health freak mommy, no la....i am not born to travel and eat...so hou man....how i wish....ya!!! just that some weekend i'll go to KL

thenomadgourmand, yes, i know they have been existing for long...but is there any difference among the different branches? coZ I remembered the one i tried in Penang was so so only...??

Related Posts with Thumbnails