Adverlets

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finally - Foh San Dim Sum,Ipoh

Eventually, I went to visit the newly located nicely renovated Foh San Dim Sum. Weekday morning @7am, still crowded, but we managed to get a seat.

It was some disappintment during our dim sum dining, all the 5 of us concluded that dim sum quality has dropped here. Check this out...
The "gaos".i.e. har gao, crystal gao, jiu chai gao etc were out! The skins were super thick...mind you, it was not like that before!



The chee cheong fun was also lousy, only few have fillings inside, not up to mark


My favourite dim sum item - siew mai was just run of the mill, I think Ming Court and Yuk Fook Moon is better!!!


Frankly, after the thick skin gaos I was out of mood, I didn't snap a few items on the table.....it is due to the mass production they are not maintainig the quality? God knows.....



At least the char siew pau they still maintain the standard, thank God!

I would rather dine in a simple restaurant that serves authentic quality food rather than a big posh building with mediocre food. Foh San really disappointed me!

10 comments:

J2Kfm said...

hey i heard many unfavourable comments as well.

didnt try their new creations? the claypot items? though not so good, with sticky CCF.

Big boys Oven said...

walio! lucky last sunday morning I didn't go, was planning to go there at 6.30am with my mum as we were in Ipoh! Lucky we did not, save us some mone'! :)

ck lam said...

The last time I was in Foh San was during the last few operating days in its old place.

Really hope to see the food quality in this new place be on par with the ones I have tasted in their previous shop.

worldwindows said...

Pat on the back! Food no good, surprise. Hope they buck up but with their reputation folks will go anyway.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I agree. Foh San dim sum quality has dropped. I also prefer Yoke Foke Moon and Ming Court. Kao Li in Ipoh Garden also not too bad. You shd try the dim sum in Concorde Hotel or Chyna Chinese Restaurant in Hilton Sentral Hotel. They are really good.

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, really a lot of unfavourable comments ya...I didn't check out the new creations, as the basic items were already disappointed!

BBO, luckily!

CK, I also hope they will improve on the food, or as good as the previous shop!

worldwindows, agree with you, a lot of ppl will still go because of the bandwagon!

health freak mommy, thanks for recommending, I will try it soon! Yea, Kao Lee also not bad!

Selba said...

Aiseh... not nice dim sum? too bad... coz' the pics actually look quite good.

foodcreate said...

I love the photos they look so tasty ... will try

thanks for sharing your reicpe:)



Welcome!!!
http://foodcreate.com

Have a wonderful Day

SimpleGirl said...

selba, please don't deceive by the photo...haha!

foodcreate, thanks for dropping by!thanks for yr compliments

foodbin said...

i like the freshly fried glutinous rice at their old place.is it still available?

Related Posts with Thumbnails