Adverlets

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My very own -Mango Sago Pomelo Dessert 楊枝甘露

Last week, I made my own version of Mango Sago Pomelo Dessert. I've seen on TV on a simple recipe of this dessert, so I decided to try it.

Ingredients:
4- 5 sweet mangoes
Sago ( about 20g )
Pomelo flesh( since I love it, I added 5 pieces)
Whipping Cream( about 50ml-100ml) - depends whether you like it to be creamier
Coconut mik - about 100ml ( I used M&S brand low fat 200ml packet)
Rock Sugar ( as per desired -if your mangoes are sweet, don't have to use much )

1st Step:
Boil the sago


2nd Step:
Peel off the skin and take the flesh of pomelo



3rd Step:
Take out the flesh of the mangoes and blend it - without adding water. After the mangoes is fully blended, add whipping cream to it and blend again.



4th Step:
Boil the rock sugar with water and add coconut milk once the sugar dissolved.

5th Step:
Once the sugar and coconut milk has cool off at room temperature, add them to the blended mangoes with whipping cream. Then add sago and pomelo together.
Then, the nice home made dessert is done.
Oops....for mango lover like me, don't forget to add some cut mangoes to the dessert as well.



Keep the mango sago pomelo in the fridge, have it cold, it's so nice. Anyway, my first experiment of this dessert is quite ok. Next time, I think I'll try it with milk, instead of whipping cream .Coz this is quite creamy - can't take too much!
I've got a 8/10 rating from bf, not bad la for my first trial!!!

6 comments:

Little Inbox said...

It's a good dessert! I'll try it out one day. Thanks for sharing!

SimpleGirl said...

little inbox, you're welcome. I hope you can try it and let me know the feedback!!

foodbin said...

good effort-should taste better if it's cold-isn't it?

Big boys Oven said...

wow just awesome! lovely, I want some, i will pick it up this sunday! lol!

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, yes, must have it cold, otherwise not nice!!

BBO, yea, u'll be in Ipoh for baking classs this Sunday right? but I will be away, so can't attend ur class!

uLi.佑莉 said...

thanks for sharing the recipe...i must learn 1 day ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails