Adverlets

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hong Kong Post #1 Seafood@ Lau Fau Shan 流浮山

I went to Hong Kong for a short, really short trip to attend my sis wedding. There was not much time to explore for food and even shopping!
The day we arrived, we went to Lau Fau Shan 流浮山 for seafood, one of the popular seafood venue besides Lei Yue Mun.
Since my brother in law is a familiar with this place, he brought us to one quite secluded restaurant. In fact, there are more than 20 restaurants in this seafood area.
One can buy their own seafood in this area and request the restaurants to cook for you. Or else, you may just place an order there.
Lots of stalls selling dry seafood products, tidbits along the restaraunts area...







Check this out, the entrance of to the restaurant, no name displayed LOL!


The first dish that came was fish soup with tofu and salted vege, very nice soup without any fishy taste and I reckon not much MSG added. I love it!


I don't know what's this call excatly - - but personally I don't like this..even though the sauce taste good!


I love this prawns stir fry- super fresh prawns and tasty sauce!!! want more of it!


Abalone- mini version




My fav- scallops - the soup esp is the main ingredient that make it superb!





Two different types of fish - steamed and stir fry
This fish belly stir fry is really good- enough wok hei!!



And the veg

I guess everybody enjoys the food. Finger licking good! The feeling of having seafood in Hong Kong is different from Malaysia, the way they cook the dishes is not as rich as here. I would say both has their own attraction. But freshness wise, we are still lacking behind..
Total damage was HK2,000 +. According to my BIL, this is quite reasonable as per head is around HK150.

9 comments:

Little Inbox said...

A short trip, but at least you got a chance to savor the delicious seafood meal.

Duckie said...

is that expensive?? how much would that be in RM??!!

jen said...

this post is making me hungry *drool* din take lunch today >.<

foodbin said...

those are bamboo clams-i like those fresh seafood dishes-yum!

worldwindows said...

Lei Yue Mun is a nice and quaint place. Lots of live seafood but then not all are accessible unless those with deep pockets. I enjoyed some simple dishes there with some friends a few years back.

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

You make me drooling and make me want to go to Hong Kong soon. My hubby been wanted to go there and "Makan" but still have not fix a date yet. ^-^

SimpleGirl said...

little inbox, yes, still have time for makan, that's for sure haha!!!

Duckie, is about RM1,000.

Jen, go and have a nice lunch!!

foodbin, thanks for your info..i see it's bamboo clams...ok ok noted

Lei Yue Mun yes a bit more expensive than Lau Fau Shan....

food paradise, you guys should plan your trip soon...too much to explore, as far as food is concerned

Selba said...

Wow! Great food! I want to visit HongKong but definitely someone local who can brings me around :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

The prawns, scallops and abalone look so good! Eh, why all pix of food? Show some pix of the leng lui taking the pix too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails