Adverlets

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chilli Pan Mee@Station18,Ipoh

I was told that the Pan Mee @ The Mia is marvellous. She said, " I think this is the best I've ever tried in Ipoh." I am not sure whether she exaggerate or what...but since she talked so much about it, I must find out the truth.
Finally got the chance to try and the truth revealed - and it really impressed me,I love it! I had been reading and watching much about Chili Pan Mee in Klang Valley, finally I can try the Ipoh version!

The Chili Pan Mee I ordered came with bouncy texture noodle, piping hot chillies(chopped), minced meat,anchovies and sliced black fungus and egg....lovely!


After mixing

I love every bite of the noodle, thumbs up! RM4.50/bowl

The dried chili Pan Mee comes with potato veg with meatball soup, the meat ball also is very nice here at The Mia...yummy yummy! I have a feeling they made their own meat ball!


Another order was Hokkien Soup Pan Mee, a good option for those who love soupy stuff!
RM 3.50/bowl


Drinks


I saw quite a few ordered Hakka Liu Cha( Wed special), Fried Pan Mee, Nasi Lemak and half boiled egg toast. I reckon these should great stuff here as well. I am very sure to return to try other things in their menu!
Do check this place out if you love Pan Mee, I am sure you'll like it.

This is quite a hidden gem located at the shop lots(single storey) behind Tesco@ Station 18.
Overall rating: Food: 8/10
Cleanliness: 8/10
Price: 8/10
The Mia Eating House
Address: 63, Medan Stesen 19,
Stesen 18, 31650, Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: 05- 323 3110
Open: 8am- 4pm (Closed on Sunday)

The shop is facing an empty land

20 comments:

J2Kfm said...

thanks for the heads up.
KL has its fair share of chilli pan mee, though Ipoh til now, has none. (as far as I know)

but tried the Kin Kin Pan Mee in KL, and found it to be ... lacking. hmm.

http://www.j2kfm.com/kin-kin-pan-mee-pandan-indah-kl/

Duckie said...

haha guess i'm the only one here that have yet to taste pan mee!!!

foodbin said...

the ingredients used are so fresh-like it.

~Christine~Leng said...

I usually have chili pan mee with thinner noodles :) A big fan here for chili pan mee! Guess I should broaden up my options for the noodles ^^ hehe.

worldwindows said...

Like the anchovies taste to be strong in my soup - personal preference for soup. Not sure about the chili but sure adds the oomph...

Steven Goh said...

placing pan mee with hot chili? will that cut off the taste bud? Btw, the pan mee looks delicious. I am going to try out when going down to KL.

jen said...

the pan mee looks really good.
i like pan mee too.
will explore the place if happen to go there :)

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, really? Anyway, hope you can check this out and see wht U like it, ya!

Duckie, if you get a chance, should try chilli Pan mee, it's nice!

foodbin, yes, was real finger licking good!

christine, the broad one is good also!!!

worldwindows, i love the dry version pan mee, indeed, the chili gives a omph to it!

steven goh, to me it didn't spoil the pan mee, it;s rather special!

jen, if U love pan mee, should check this place out, i am sure U'l like it!

3 hungry tummies said...

$4.50 ! you are joking!! jealous!! btw is that a photo of Cameron Highlands on your header?

SimpleGirl said...

3 hungry tummies, thanks for dropping by! yes, is RM4.50/bowl! yes, the heading photo was taken in Cameron Highland last year, at Boh tea plantation

hApPy HaPpY said...

I like it hot with more chilli and chilli padi..but i would not be in Ipoh for pan mee, i would prefer the original stuffs...Have a good day.

SimpleGirl said...

happy happy, sure you can eat the original chili pan mee in KL....have a great weekend too!!!

My Taste Heaven said...

looks tempting
a new "hunting" place for me if i go to ipoh

Health Freak Mommy said...

Where's this place? Is it near the railway station?

thenomadGourmand said...

Oh..Ipoh catchin up! Hehe..true..most of us Ipoh-ans and Pg-nites alws lamented tht they cant find good pan mee back in their state. For me, it was a completely new thing whn i 1st came to KL 3 yrs ago!
And pan mee was everywhr i went in KL! Urghh..hated it then!
Now with exceptions (certain outlets only) I love my pan mee!

SimpleGirl said...

my taste heaven, yes, this place worth to pay a visit if you love pan mee!!!

healthy freak mommy, no, is near pengkalan, there is a Tesco there, behind Tesco.

thenomadgourmand, yea, KL got a spread/ choices of pan mee...Ipoh really not much GOOD one..but Penang, I used to love the one in Bukit Jambul aprt, ho mei yuen, very nice...hope they have keep up the quality still!

Edwin said...

Thanks for the recommendation , tried it and love it !

anyway if u like pan mee , i would say one of the best is the one at ipoh jaya (gunung rapat) corner shop on the street where they have pasarmalam , run by a family , the only problem is the waiting time ! something like 30 min to 45 min !!

spencer said...

You should try chilli pan mee in KL, its situated behind Honda show room along Jalan Tengku Abdul Rahman. They have been there for a long time. Dry (kon lou style) Pan mee (yau mein) is boiled till al-dante then mixed with minced pork, boiled egg yolk & anchovies. The soup are plain water, egg white & sayur manis. The chilli are a mixed of blended dried chilli, pork lard and secret ingredient. Try it if you happen to be in KL.

SimpleGirl said...

edwin, thanks for recommending. i shall check this out!

spencer, i know KL is famous of chilli pan mee, but yet to try the best there. Anyway, thanks for recommending!

Anonymous said...

Is it halal for muslim to try?

Related Posts with Thumbnails