Adverlets

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fairway@RPGC

Being in a laid back town like Ipoh, frankly speaking, there are a lot of draw backs. Recently, my favourite supermarket Cold Storage was officially certified. In fact, seeing the crowd especially during weekday I had a feeling sooner or later they will close down. Yup, Ipoh really do not have such target market to let Cold Storage to sustain. It was replaced by Giant now, and business seems to be better after Gaint domination. Sigh, I have to go to KL/ Penang to buy some of the things I used to acquire at Cold Storage!
Another thing is of course the variety of food and choices, really limited. Don't tell me I can always go for dim sum and beansprout chicken...LOL...

My recent visit to Fairway was a good experience. I ordered a fish head beehoon soup, which turn out to be quite good. The nicely fried fish pieces, with some pickled vegetables and tomatoes soup based was indeed a good combination.


A perfect dish for a hot day to spice up your appetite!

My colleague ordered club fried rice, and she gave a thumbs up for it as well!


We also ordered ichi kabin chicken to share...I love the nicely marinated and perfectly fried chicken, not oily at all and taste good!!


Satisfactory lunch we had!
Fairway serves western as well as local delicacies.
Overall rating: Taste: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Service : 7/10

14 comments:

jen said...

so sad that cold storage closed down :< i love to do my grocery shopping at cold storage after bumping into a handsome angmoh there *blush* wonder where to get my TGIF chips & ben & jerry's ice cream now :<

Duckie said...

all food looks good. haven't had inci kabin for a long time already. makes me want to eat them!!!!

J2Kfm said...

pity about Cold Storage. they do stock some imported goods not commonly found anywhere else.

Tarts and Pies said...

The fish head noodles caught my attention...

SimpleGirl said...

jen, yea, me too, those imported chips, yes, ice cream, and some tea...miss them all...

duckie, yes, ichi kabin is always tempting to eat ya!

j2kfm, exactly....lots of foreign brand available at cold storage which i can't get in other supermarket in Ipoh....sigh

tarts and pies, yup, fish head noodle were real good!!

My Taste Heaven said...

looks like a great place to me and the ichi kabin chicken really makes me hungry!!! =]

foodbin said...

i like my fish head with Bee Hoon, too.

Little Inbox said...

Quite a big bowl of fish head beehoon soup.

Ichi Kabin, I wanna cook it. :)

SimpleGirl said...

my taste heaven, yes, ichi kabin is something that i crave for....

foodbin, yummy fishhead noodle ya!

little inbox, waiting for ur post on ichi kabin soon....

thenomadGourmand said...

Good thing that they allow outsiders to go into the premises even though if they are not members!
Guess it makes biz more sustainable?

~Christine~Leng said...

i have not had any fish head noodles for years! really. It's time now. haha. You made me thought of it!

SimpleGirl said...

thenomadgourmand,yes, open to public at least bring them more business...just that only members enjoy the discount.

christine, go ahead and enjoy your fish head noodles...ya!! n thanks for dropping by!!

sEnGz said...

my visit to Fairway a few weekends ago was not so memorable. The so called 'spring chicken' wasnt really spring chicken but ayam pencen. so tough the texture, and dry. the service was poor as well, they only set the table for us once the food arrive..

SimpleGirl said...

sengz, thanks for your feedback....i think they really need to buck up ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails