Adverlets

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another reason why I hate Air Asia!!!!


Yesterday I bought a one way ticket from Air Asia from Penang to KL. The price of the ticket is RM74 inclusive of tax. However, towards the payment page, I notice there is another new fee imposed - CONVENIENCE FEE! I wonder what the heck is that? I clicked and found out that it is a fee imposed if one is paying using credit card. Don't you think is unfair for Air Asia to charge the so called convenience fee when we purchase ticket online? In fact, by online purchase, we are giving them the convenience, not the other way round. Moreover, normally online purchase of anything using credit card, there is no extra charges. The so called low cost airline will mint money if they charge extra RM5 in each transactions. Smart fellow!
I am not sure whether the convenience fee is standard RM5. RM5 out of RM74 is almost 7%!!! Normally, merchants charge max 3% when we use credit card. RM5 is not a lot, but question here is, is it fair for them to charge us???

I know this is quite a new thing, because 2 weeks ago, I logged in and purchased ticket for a friend, the so called convenience fee has not been imposed yet!!
Air Asia unnecessary charge this extra fee for using credit card is totally unfair, as if they are providing up class service to us? Recently my friend's luggage was mishandled when flying Air Asia. What the heck??!! If other airlines are not charging this, I really don't see the reason why Air Asia has the right to do that??

15 comments:

worldwindows said...

Generally I like AirAsia and have use them for up 80 times since they started. But lately they have been sneaky and rude. The implementation of the RM5 seems sneaky when compared to the loud announcements of 'no admin fee'. Their regional head in reply to customer annoyance over this issue was rude. http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/116872

I have bought MH tickets thru WWW for my next flight to Jakarta.

Duckie said...

yes so true. charging the convenience fees is a little sneaky. i asked and was told to go to the service centre to book. no convenience fees charge if book there but i waited for 2 hrs before it was my turn. 4 counters but only 1 open. wasted my time. i'd rather pay the rm5 then.

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

Yes.... I helped my aunt to booked some ticket and at the end there are convenient fees charges....

J2Kfm said...

now this is new. is it the same fee across all destinations?

alan tan said...

It's "illegal" for merchant like AirAsia to impose extra charges on payment make via Credit Cards.

Read more about Merchants Have No Right to Impose Fees on Credit Cards Usage at http://www.alantanblog.com/credit-card/merchants-have-no-right-to-impose-fees-on-credit-cards-usage.html

vialentino said...

i back from krabi flying airasia too ler....dunno wat fee they charged...but no choice...got to pay...else cannot fly...

celine said...

i thought it was illegal too (thanks alan for confirming). the first time i came across this "RM5" was when I tried to pay for a photography course online :-
http://www.nikonian.com.my/default.asp?contentID=530.
wonder whether this RM5 is a norm now?

jen said...

boycott airasia!

SimpleGirl said...

worldwindows, thanks for the link. I agree with the Air Asia in the picture, it does create healthy competition with MAS, but when they grows bigger, doesn't mean that they can do this to customers.

Duckie,thanks for sharing your opinion. Too much, they leads us to no choice but pay the RM5 right?

Food paradise, yea, we have no choice if we choose to fly Air Asia

j2kfm, I am not sure whether is standard across all destination. But with some other comments, I guess it is!

alan tan, thanks for dropping by. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I wish we can do something about it, perhaps write direct to Tony?

vialentino, yea, really ridiculous, they leads us to no chocie!

celine, thanks for dropping by. I don't think so, I do a lot of online shopping, but so far, still didn't see the RM5 fee charges.

jen, how I wish, but some destinations, still only Air Asia flies to, and cheaper comparatively.

jen said...

when i was driving home from work yesterday, i heard mix fm news saying that it's not right for vendor to charge any additional fee to people who pay using credit card. you can report your case to your credit card centre providing the receipt to them as well.

Rina said...

Their customer service really sucks big time. The convenience fee is just a cover name for some hidden charge.

SimpleGirl said...

jen, i wonder this case it is possible, as they are too smart to call it as convenience fee....anyway I'll try. I heard from radio today morning as well. Thanks for sharing.

Rina, exactly, I am extremely unhappy because of they claimed no admin charges, or hidden costs, but yet, charge us this so called convenience fee, isn't that cheating???

allie said...

Eh.. I didn't know about this. I bought tix to taipei like 2 months ago and I don't think I've been charge with the convenient fees. Guess it's just being implemented? OMG.. I hate it!

thenomadGourmand said...

shit! This is crazy!
All that LOUD adverts saying this and that and sneakily they add a bit here an there! Blardy hell!

SimpleGirl said...

allie, it's effectively only 2nd Nov.

thenomadgourmand, this is really too much ya, wonder what can we do about it???

Related Posts with Thumbnails