Adverlets

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ming Chow BKT@ Kuala Dipang

My aunty recommended this place to us during our visit to Kampar. The Bak Kut Teh here is very tasty. Reached the place around 7pm, already seen the big crowd, some are busy eating their BKT, some are eagerly waiting for their order. I can spell the fragnant herbal soup soon after I step out from the car parked in front of the place.

Kuala Dipang is approximately 6km from Kampar Town. Driving from Ipoh to Kampar, the place is located on the right hand side. There are 2 eateries open for dinner which serves quite good food. One is Ming Chow Bak Kut Teh, the one beside Ming Chow is serving home cooked dishes.

This is more like the Penang style Bak Kut Teh, serves in claypot and slightly watery soup, unlike the Klang style whereby the soup is much thicker and stronger.
A big pot cost RM27.50 AND regular pot is RM16.50.



The MSG level is rather low,it's not the super exotic BKT, but above average. ( I reckon is better than a few I've tried in Ipoh)

16 comments:

Duckie said...

i like bkt with thicker soup. but i suppose more msg too!!!

Selba said...

I seriously want to try BKT!!! Until today, I haven't eaten BKT :(

Eh.. you changed the color and picture of your blog, nice :)

worldwindows said...

I have been eating lots of BKT and rice wine chicken the last 2 weeks near my home. Hard to find BKT in Ipoh not to mention good ones!

SimpleGirl said...

Duckie, me too....esp the Klang one..so tasty!

Selba, BKT is one of the most iconic food in Malaysia...u must try one day!!!
Thanks...

worldwindows, BKT is not Ipoh famous food....

Little Inbox said...

Less MSG = better quality BKT!

jen said...

i like the picture of your new header, where is it??

i love bakuteh too! but can't have too much cause too heaty for me >.<

vialentino said...

ooo...BKT! yum yum...

SimpleGirl said...

little inbox, true. nowadays i really cannot take food with too much MSG, very bad feeling after that...

jen, thanks. It's taken during my trip to Gold Coast begining of this year. We were on cruise and pass by this resort. According to the guide, it's the most expensive resort in Gold Coast...even Brad Pitt stayed there b4.

Vialentino, thanks for dropping by. Yea, BKT is our all time fav..

thenomadGourmand said...

Ya lorr..realized not much talk abt BKT if its Ipoh. Guess its overshawoed by all the hor fun and etc! ;p

~Christine~Leng said...

I've not tried BKT anywhere else besides klang valley ;P i love my BKT dry ^^
and...I love your header!!

hApPy HaPpY said...

mana mali Ipoh mali BKT lah....

J2Kfm said...

i've had a rather similar one in Sitiawan the other day, which BSG also blogged about. same watery, but with a pleasant hint of herbs.
not knowing its 'origins', we named it the Foochow style. hehe ... a salute to all the Sitiawan folks.

anyway, in Ipoh, the best I've tried was at Good Taste Chef, in Bercham Ipoh. for they serve Klang style of BKT. the others ... ho-hum affairs.

SimpleGirl said...

thenomadgourmand, yea, the hor fun and taugeh chicken overshadowed others here....

Christine, I also wish to try dry BKT.

happy happy, not exactly in Ipoh, is in Kuala Dipang near Kampar

j2fkm, I shall check out the one U recommended in Bercham.thanks

tigerfish said...

I wonder if there is something with NO MSG?

allie said...

oh.. I'm so craving for a pot of hot steaming bkt now.. it's so cold over here!

SimpleGirl said...

tigerfish, I guess only home cooked food doesn't have MSG right?

Allie, me too....a hot pot of BKT is perfect for nowadays the cool weather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails