Adverlets

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wanton Mee@ Kheng Hai Jln Yau Tet Shin, Ipoh

Yau Tet Shin is not only happening at night, there is a tasty wanton mee stall in the morning which I love it.
No doubt, with the famous Lo Wong Bean Sprout Chicken & Onn Kee along the street, almost every tourist comes to Ipoh will sure drop by this street.

As for morning, there is a stall selling wanton mee at Kheng Hai Coffee Shop( pink colour building). At night, there is a stall selling salted chicken in this coffee shop.

I was first introduced to this wanton mee stall by an uncle. He loves the noodle, pork trotters and chicken feet serving here as well.
Since I am not a fan of the both, I always come here for the wanton, dumpling and noodle!
The noodle texture is something I love, bouncy and nicely mixed with the dry sauce.



The wanton and dumpling are freshly "made"/ "wrapped", I love them!!


This will be my choice for breakfast.
p/s: The stall opens around 7.30am - 11am.

10 comments:

Little Inbox said...

I know the place. :)
Will give it a try when I go down there.

jen said...

I'm a super big fan of wanton mee!
I must go try this weekend, thanks for recommending :) Btw, do you know if the wanton mee stall at Buntong is still operating? I miss that place. Never been there since I broke up with my ex.

hApPy HaPpY said...

Heard of this place but have yet to try. Hopefully soon....

SimpleGirl said...

little inbox, yea, go check it out, hope U'll like it.

Jen, please give ur feedback after trying. Yes, Buntong wanton mee is still operating, off on Sunday. I still prefer their dry wanton mee, it the best

Happy happy, hope U'll love it!

foodbin said...

noodle looks springy.

~Christine~Leng said...

the wanton mee looks a bit thicker are they? looks springy!!

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, yes, it was really springy!!

Christine leng, it's not very thick but really bouncy!!!

thenomadGourmand said...

I prefer this type! where the noodles are slightly fatter!

SimpleGirl said...

thenomadgourmand, yea, me too!! check it out, if you happen to come to Ipoh

Health Freak Mommy said...

The wantans look huge. Didn't know that there are so many nice new eateries in Ipoh. Next mth when I go bk to Ipoh, I must chk out ur blog for reference when I'm in Ipoh! BTW, what's ur email add?

Related Posts with Thumbnails