Adverlets

Monday, November 30, 2009

Zaru Soba - my healthy and easy "fast food"

Yesterday when I went for my grocery shopping at Jusco, I bumped into this lovely healthy food for dinner - Zaru Soba!
2 portions of buckwheat noodles with dipping sauce@ RM7.90. Without second thought, I grabbed it! Comparatively, it's cheap, as compare to Korean instant noodles. No doubt, buckwheat is much much more healthier and lower in calories. It is high in fiber, amino acids and rich in Vit B.


I follow the instructions, cook the noodles in boiling water for 2.5mins and then take it out and cool it down with cold water.
As for the dipping sauce, simply mix the packet of sauce with cold water.

Perfect, my dinner is served within 5 mins- buckwheat noodles with dipping sauce top with seaweed!

Merely RM4 for zaru soba - what a good deal!!! As far as taste is concerned, it's quite ok!!!

20 comments:

J2Kfm said...

coincidentally I posted on Zaru Soba also. hehe .. refreshing cold noodles eh? perfect for the hot weather. though may not go down well with others

Duckie said...

i've seen, but never tried. perhaps i should.

foodbin said...

so convenient.

hApPy HappY said...

so simple and easy to prepare but have not try before....

Little Inbox said...

I wanna try that too. Will pay attention when I go to Jusco.

vialentino said...

RM 4 for Soba, it is cheap leh!

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, yea, I read your blog too. Of course, mine cannot compare with the one at restaurant!!!

duckie, yea, please check it out!

foodbin, indeed! less than 5mins , it's done!

happy happy, maybe you should try one day!

little inbox, hope U'll like it too!

vialentino, yea, where to get?? i think hawker food can be more expensive ya!

Health Freak Mommy said...

My 3 gals love buckwheat noodles and greentea noodles with cold sauce. Hey, you can buy buckwheat noodles from organic shops and buy the accompanying sauce from Jaya Jusco. Cheaper this way. And also buy shredded seaweed to sprinkle on top, together with some toasted sesame seeds. So delish and healthy!

jen said...

my fast dinner is still mc'd all the time, hehe. so not healthy hor >.<

SimpleGirl said...

health freak mmommy, thanks for your suggestions. I shall try it next round.

Jen, you can afford...coz you r so fit!!!

eugene said...

Thank you thank you,i learnt something else today, you know everytime i go shopping in Jusco,i have problem sourcing for Jap foods, now i know what to look for,, thanks again

Anonymous said...

After colding, serve it with ICE cubes, like what Japanese Restaurants does. I think that will better.

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

wow.... it's cheap and fast. lol

SimpleGirl said...

eugene,thanks for dropping by. Most welcome...hope U'll like this.

anonymous, I do put ice during my second attempt. thanks.

food paradise, yes, really a good one!

Penang Tua Pui said...

looks so handy la.. can easily make one.......

Selba said...

Ah... weird thing that I can't see any pictures on this post... Well, anyway, the soba sounds great :)

SimpleGirl said...

penang tua pui, yes, it's so easy!

selba, really? I also don't know why....anyway, thanks!!!

xin said...

will grab it if i see it next time :D great find!

SimpleGirl said...

xin, thanks for dropping by. You had a great site as well!!

worldwindows said...

This is really good. Pay for it and get good quality noodles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails