Adverlets

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hock Chuan Heong, Macallum Flat, Penang

My local friend called it the "Oh shop" or oysters house, as the name itself tells you that their speciality is oysters. He we arrived there around 12pm, the place already super crowded, not only that, with limited parking, we were lucky to get one after 2nd round of searching.

Since we plan to eat 5 meals or more a day, we only ordered 3 dishes to try. The oyster fried Tong Fun or glass noodle. The skillful chef cook this dish in perfection. I have nothing to complain, it's just that oysters given is too small...haha... 8/10


The deep fried battered prawn, fresh prawns, nicely battered, lovely! A perfect dish for those who love crispy stuff! 9/10


Last but not least, the stir fry bean curd with leeks and prawns recommended by them. This dish is ok, but nothing much to shout about. 5/10


Total damage including one pot of chinese tea is RM48.
The food was decent& MSG level was low, indeed my cup of tea! I will definitely go back for the noodles, as I wanted to try the hokkien noodle as well. I saw next table ordered steamed fish, seems to be very tasty.

Address:
Hock Chuan Heong
344-G-5 Pengkalan Weld
10300 Penang
( 5th Street 五條路)
Tel: 04-2611004
Closed on Sunday.

10 comments:

J2Kfm said...

Nice, home-cooked food. CK Lam highly recommended this one, but we did not have enough time to try this.

Duckie said...

i like this place!!!

jen said...

the prawns look really yummy!!

Sin Tai Lim said...

My mum told me about this place but now I know exactly where this hide out is. Hope to visit the next time I'm in Penang....

foodbin said...

missed those battered prawns.

Little Inbox said...

The oyster fried Tong Fun looks delightful, wanna give it a try!

Sin Tai Lim said...

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Big Boys Oven said...

OMG! my favourite lunching place in penang!

SimpleGirl said...

Dear all,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

thenomadGourmand said...

I like this place too..but its been ages since i went! decades actually!
A re-visit is a must the nx time I'm back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails