Adverlets

Monday, December 28, 2009

Nancy's Kitchen- Nyonya Delights@ Melaka

Besides chicken rice balls and satay celup, another thing one shouldn't miss is of course Nyonya food whenever you are in Melaka.
After our visit to Baba Nyonya Heritage, we hop on for lunch off Jonker Street at Nancy's Kitchen.

We do not want something heavy, so I ordered a bowl of nyonya laksa.
My bowl of Nyonya laksa was really mouthwatering, where the "lemak" is just nice and fragantly mix with the noodles, fish balls, taupoh and vege. Simply delicious!! RM4.



We also ordered belacan fried rice, which turns out to be tasty, but nothing much to shout about. RM6.


The fried squid is crispy and nicely battered, perfect for those who loves squid and fried food.RM10.


Last but not least, my favourite dessert, cendol to cool off.
Perfect! I simply love the gula melaka fragant!!!RM2.50


Not to forget to grab some Nyonya kuih sold at Nancy's Kitchen. I bought the ondeh ondeh -was really really superb!!
There's spread of nyonya kuih, pineapple tarts, cakes, and even home made chili paste available.



Overall, the meal was satisfactory!


Address:
7, Jalan Hang Lekir,
Off Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lok, 75000, Melaka.
Tel: 06- 283 6099

15 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

the cuury looks very appetitizing indeed, so lemak! "beh ta han oledi"

Health Freak Mommy said...

You really travel every where to savour the best food eh? The cendol looked so good. Now, I'm really tempted to go to Malacca!

thenomadGourmand said...

yes, my fren was there before and been tellin me THIS is the place for Nyonya food! LOL.

Well..til i make a trip to melaka...

J2Kfm said...

Thanks, Simple Girl. timely, as well.
Still rmbr this place was recommended by the locals there. But no chance to search for this back then.

worldwindows said...

The squids and the laksa would be my order anytime and surpising cheap for touristy Malacca.

SimpleGirl said...

BBO, yea, now I recollect the laksa lemak....mouthwatering indeed!!!

health freak mommy, not really la..i was there last week..and saw a blog about this place...of course nice food is always my priority when i travel!!

thenomadgourmand, hope U'll enjoy the food when u visit Melaka.

j2kfm, you'll be there soon ya? most welcome...just sharing my makan experience

SimpleGirl said...

worldwindows, I really love the food there at Nancy!!

jen said...

i loveeeee deep fried squid. tried to make some on my own previously, but failed =( i've always wanted to go to malacca but can't find anyone to go with me =(

Sin Tai Lim said...

Looks like a favourite place in Malacca. I will mark it for my next venture there.

Little Inbox said...

The Nyonya laksa really makes me mouth watering. It looks really yummy!

SimpleGirl said...

jen, my fav too....hope U'll get a chance to visit Melaka soon!!!

sin tai lim, hope U'll like the place!!!

little inbox, yes, it was a good one!!!

foodbin said...

curry looks like S'pore laksa.

~Christine~Leng said...

I went here about 2 years ago. Did they renovated?? Looks newer and better to me! haha. I love their kuihs here ;) Oh, and their braised pork dish with egg! missed it badly :)

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, it is nyonya laksa...yes, a bit similar to singapore laksa.

christine leng, i am not sure whether they renovated...it's my first time there...the place looks ok anyway...braised pork is nice there ya...will check out next time..thanks

StrawberrY Gal said...

thats nice and yummy.. i wanna have it too.. and blog them up

Related Posts with Thumbnails