Adverlets

Monday, December 14, 2009

Penang Goh Huat Seng Teochew Charcoal steamboat & almond dessert

I always love Goh Huat Seng steamboat. Many years back, ever since my friend introduced this place to me, this place becomes one of my favourite place for steamboat. The soup base is so nice, and ingredients are fresh!
This time round, I decided to drop by for a perfect old school charcoal steamboat.


If I am not mistaken, my last visit was 4 years ago. I can really feel that with the same amount of money, RM40....the portion served has become much smaller.


Thank God, the taste remains the same!

We also ordered their fried dumpling recommended by the auntie taking our order. I'll give 5/10 for this dish.



The fried oyster, used to very good, this time round, a bit over cooked. I will give 6/10.


Another dish we ordered - teochew fried noodle - this is good! Even though it looks a bit bland, coz it's fried without dark sauce, but it's nicely fried with enough "wok hei" - 7/10!


Total damage was RM74 for 4 pax.
For other review on Goh Huat Seng, please refer to CK & Little Inbox's blog.
Address: 59A, Kimberly Street, Penang.

After dinner, we walk further down Kimberly Street for almond dessert.
This is my first time taking almond tong sui with Yau Char Kwai- hmm something special...and quite like it also. Normally I only take Yau Char Kwai with porridge, Bak Kut Teh soup or even with black coffee.....never know yau char kwai with almond tong sui also not bad ya!


13 comments:

Duckie said...

love the steamboat ... but not the almond!!!

jen said...

harcoal steamboat is the best-est *thumbs up* arghh, the fried oyster very tempting but i must resist, i've gained so much of weight already :(

J2Kfm said...

oh the Kimberley Street dessert stall. Nice one, esp the braised chicken feet served at one of the stalls!
so much fun spitting those small bones.

foodbin said...

i like teo chew fried noodles for it's great texture.

SimpleGirl said...

Duckie, yea, not everybody loves almond tong sui because they say smells like cockroach lol!

jen, so just look at the photo to satisfy your hunger!!!

j2kfm, oh, the chicken feet is nice ya...i must recommend to my sis, she loves it..

foodbin, yes, teochew noodle 's texture is springy.

worldwindows said...

Steam boat and BKT is my favourite. Ingredients must be very fresh to be that good.

FoOd PaRaDiSe said...

My hubby loves the steamboat there very much. Have you try their deep fried "o" nee?

Little Inbox said...

I haven't try their steamboat yet. Must try it next time.

vialentino said...

omg, looks so delicious lah...i really like the steamboat charcoal...i tried it twice in puchong...not bad ler...

Sin Tai Lim said...

love steamboat especially during this raining season.

SimpleGirl said...

worldwindows, yea, that's true. I had experience some lousy steamboat with bad ingredients, it was so bad!

food paradise, no, I have not tried O nee...must check out next time!

little inbox, if you like steamboat, should check this out!

vialentino, i love charcoal steamboat, the one in cameron highlands also very nice!!!

sin tai lim, yes, rainy days is perfect for steamboat!

ck lam said...

A warm pot of steamboat in GHS is always welcoming.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hey I went to Goh Huat Seng for steamboat too last Wednesday. I love their fried noodles too. And after steamboat, my dad went to tapau the almond tong sui too. It's his favorite. What a coincidence. When were u in Penang? I am in Ipoh now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails