Adverlets

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Perth Trip Day 1 - The concert and Fireworks

I was in Perth, Australia for a really short break, a 3-day break. This is my second time to Perth, nothing much simply enjoying the beautiful relaxing scenic city and most importantly the food. Taking Air Asia night flight at 11.55am reaching Perth at 5.30am the next day. Super tiring! Please note there is no day light saving for the next 10 years in Perth during summer. So no time difference. We stayed in Intercontinental Hotel at Burswood, the hotel representative picked us up from the airport and we had a good sleep for few hours before we started off the day. As sis joined us from Brisbane, she arrived around 12.30pm only.
We rented a car and went to CBD for a nice dim sum. She is indeed a Chinese food person. She longs for Chinese food, that's why. However, I agree with dad, the Chinese food here mostly opened by HongKongers, are up to standard. Good food! There was a concert held at Burswood theatre in the same day. It was complimentary tickets for us, a concert of Frances Yip, the famous Hong Kong singer that sang "Shanghai Beach". I was a bit doubtful in the beginning, what kind of great show can I expect from a 62 year old lady? I was wrong, she was gorgeous! I was totally impressed by the performance, even though she is not of my generation but her powerful and convincing voice was really touching. It was not those typical concert, it's simple, like old friends gathering concert. At this age, Frances keep her body really fit and her words of sharing were so positive, with a sense of humour. She is fluent in both Cantonese and English. She made the concert sort of like story telling of herself, how she started her career, her love for golf etc. The one and half hour show gone through so fast. Fantastic performance which I can't get enough. Surprisingly! After the show, we went straight for a firework performance outside the theatre. It was across the lake and standing right in front of the lake, this is my first time watching the fireworks so near to me. Marvellous, at least for me, I've not seen such a great one before.


I am going to share the nice dinner we had in my next post. Stay tune!

10 comments:

uLi.佑莉 said...

Wooo...Frances Yip, very good singer :)

Duckie said...

wow!! good concert and fireworks!! lucky you!!

Little Inbox said...

Nice concert yea...
3 days in Perth, enough?

SimpleGirl said...

uLi, yup, it was cool! More than what I expect!

Duckie, thank God! It was a wonderful night!

Little Inbox, coz we didn't plan to go around. Merely stay in Perth and Fremantle.

jen said...

geee, you went to perth, so niceee! i wish i can go but i'm too kiam siap to spend on traveling >.<

SimpleGirl said...

jen, you spend on other thing which I might be giam siap at...haha...but I love travelling..nice exposure and eye opener!

jen said...

hmm, i'm just wondering if you're working in the travel line?

SimpleGirl said...

Jen, how I wish....but I am not!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

OH!!!! lucky you to see ab;e to see her performing!

SimpleGirl said...

BBO, yes, really cool lah her...

Related Posts with Thumbnails