Adverlets

Monday, February 1, 2010

Popeyes@ MidValley Megamall

I've been neglecting my blog for a long time. There's lots of unexpected things happened in my life...anyway, I have to "re-programmed" myself and keep staying positive!

Was at Midvalley one of the weekends, with CNY around the corner, everywhere was crowded for lunch, we decided to try Popeyes, something we've not tried before. I've not read any review about this place as well, so my judgement should be more rational before prior info on Popeyes.
We ordered the 2 piece hot and spicy chicken set @RM9.90. The set comes with coleslaw, mashed potatoes, drinks and biscuit.

The chicken doesn't taste spicy, but super salty! I can't take it!!


But the side dishes, esp the mashed potato was real good! This is definitely better than KFC's version.


Another highlight of side order which taste good is the fries...this is something like the potato ring offered at McD prosperity set.

Last but not least the fish pieces at RM7.40. Dory pieces, nothing special to shout about!


I don't think I'll come back for the fried chicken, but side dishes, esp mashed potato maybe!Overall rating: 3/10

Other reviews:
Kampungboycitygal
Masak masak

13 comments:

J2Kfm said...

Yup, the chicken was not so good. But the mashed potato was. Can't see myself eating here again though.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Finally reach MV...will go and try it out! =)

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, yes, me too, i dont think i 'll go there for chicken again. the saltiness of the chicken made me sick!

uLi, hope to see your review!

thenomadGourmand said...

went once t TTDI's outlet, and nvr went back! Hahaha..
Their seafood is not good either. (prawns etc)
BUt yea, their sides rocks!

SimpleGirl said...

thenomadgourmand, yes, it's quite disappointed la- the chicken!

Duckie said...

oh .. i've always wanted to try that .. but looks like now i'll just go for snacks of mashed potato will do.

jen said...

finally you updated :)))
if i were in kl, i don't think i have time to go for my fave food. will utilize my time to shop *blush*

Selba said...

Popeyes used to be my favorite for mashed potato (I believe it's because of the gravy.... ah just thinking of it, makes me so hungry right now!).

Sorry to hear that the fried chicken didn't turn out yummy.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Agree with you. I just can't stand the super duper salty chicken. Taste like a piece of salt!!
I hope you're alright now. I can guess what happened. I hope things will be better this year :)

SimpleGirl said...

Duckie, yes, mashed potatoes and other sides are ok, don;t go for the chicken!

Jen, yea, I am back! Yes, shopping is important but also need to "yi tou"...haha

Selba, yes, the gravy was super good!!!Forget abt the chicken...haha

Healthfreakmommy, hmm...hate it...no taste beside salt.
Thanks for the wishes!!! Hope the best for the new year!!!

jen said...

btw, life is full with ups and downs and never a smooth journey. but no worries, there's always sunshine after the rain :)))

SimpleGirl said...

jen, thanks for the encouragement word....it's really comforting!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

Gong Hei Fatt Choy! have a great year of foodie! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails