Adverlets

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vnam Kitchen@Jln Sennivasagam Ipoh

I've read an review on Vnam Kitchen at J2kfm's blog many months back, finally got a chance to check out this place at dinner time.
The simple decorated place is quite comfy, generally the spread is minimum, but to my surprise, the food is rather good. At least, I reckon that the MSG level is low and price is rather reasonable. I will definitely return for the rice!

We ordered one Vietnamese Spring roll, but the skin is a bit too thick. As my friend said she has tried better ones whereby the skin is much thinner. Price at RM4.50. Rating: 5/10.


I love the Vietnamese Beef Noodles...beef are real good! RM9.90.
My rating: 8/10. Must try if you are a beef lover!


Another satay soup chicken noodles also not bad! My friend love this one. I feel is ok only. Rating: 6/10


One snack that we really love is bamboo stick crab meat. This is very tasty! 8/10


Overall, I love the food, at least better than Little Vietnam at Mid Valley which I've tried long time back. The food was mediocre and with lots of MSG!
Address: 32, Jalan Seenivasagam, 30450, Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: 05- 254 2633

17 comments:

foodbin said...

can see that the flat noodle is real smooth.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Too bad I don't take beef, Vietnamese food always great especially those with beef one...

jen said...

i wonder how the satay soup noodles taste like *slurpsss*

Selba said...

Everything looks so delicious! Seriously, can't resist Vietnamese food at all, hehehe

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, yea...i have difficulties in taking the smooth noodles with my chopsticks...haha

uLi, true, Vietnamese beef noodles are always their signature

jen, go check it out...and let me know whether u like it

selba, yea...quite good food!!

Pete said...

Ahhh, the smooth kueh teow in Vietnamese noodles is nice!

J2Kfm said...

Hey glad you're liking it. And they're running at full steam, I hope. Been some time since I've went over to Greentown/Greenhill for lunch, for the lack of parking lots is a nuisance.

SimpleGirl said...

Pete,yes, the noodle was real smooth.

J2kfm, went at nite...parking is better...i think we can forget about lunch ya

Big Boys Oven said...

will defitely try when I am back for this coming CNY! :)

Little Inbox said...

MSG level low or not, most of us will feel the effect. I'm one of it.

Wei yeeng said...

I strongly recommend the 'mong' dishes. So so nice..hehe..

JK said...

Very attractive personal page.... Accidentally i found your food webpages.
Mmmm...all delivious foods available. It will be wonderful if the maps/ directions to enjoy the foods are available.
Keep your momentum up, fren...

SimpleGirl said...

BBO, hope U'll like it!

Little Inbox, yes, me too...highly sensitive!!!

Wei Yeeng, thanks for dropping by...sure WILL TRY the other things during my next visit!

JK, thanks for dropping by...this is not as professional as others...anyway, I will try my best to share makan experience

Health Freak Mommy said...

I am just like you, dont like food laden with MSG. Is this restaurant near the Ipoh GH area or YMCA?

SimpleGirl said...

yes, health freak haha! This is along the same road as Haiwaitian Restaurant, Exclesior Hotel there...not YMCA. Directly opp Prudential Building.

worldwindows said...

I enjoyed VN food esp those in HCMC. I like it with lots of herbs and veges. Happy and Prosperous CNY to you!

Bette said...

There is only one thing better than shopping in Hong Kong, and that's eating. From small noodle joints to upscale French restaurant, you will locate all sorts of restaurant, eating hall and snack stall on earth in Hong Kong. Here I found small amount of Hong-Kong-styled snacks online (yummiexpress.freetzi.com). This is definitely a good choice before I have $ for another trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails