Adverlets

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Steamed Fish Head@Good Taste Chef

When my friend stopped her car at Glamour Square Complex Bercham, I was like, huh? is there any good resturant inside this building? She said, 'My friend told me the steamed fish head here is very good." OK, why not, just give a try.

We arrived at Good Taste Chef restaurant, at the last corner lot in Glamour Square Complex, smelling good aromatic Bak Kut Teh already. I was like, is BKT famous here or Steamed Fish Head...? So we decided to order both to check out the truth!
Her friend which is a regular customer here at Good Taste Chef ordered this 'jiong' /sauced steamed fish head style. The boss claimed that this is similar to the famous Chan Sow Lin Fish Head.
Yea, we were happy with the Song Yu Tao, nicely done! ( But got to wait for quite long la, don't know why) Taste wise I would give 8/10! Price at RM 23/=, rather reasonable also.


He also ordered a small bowl of BKT for us to savour! I would say the soup was rather good, but haven't really gone into the meat/bones yet. Personal judgement, I give 5/10, didn't get the "wow" feeling.


He also order a bowl of braised chicken feet, hmm, I feel was so so only...


Last but not least, some veg to balance the meal


Overall experience was quite good here. I will definetely come back for the Steamed Song Yu Tao!!!

Other review: Motormouth
Address: Glamour Square Complex
Lot 8G & 9G, Persiaran Selatan 20,
Taman Bercham Jaya, 31400, Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: 05- 541 1219
Branch Outlet : 7, Persiaran Greentown 8,
Greentown Business Centre, 30450, Ipoh. (Same row with Maxis)
Tel: 05 -255 8689

8 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I love the Chan Sow Lin fish head but the place, oh my, it is frigging hot and dirty hehe! RM23 for a fish head is very cheap! And looks good too.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Looks delicious wot.... :)

reanaclaire said...

Hi.. i never been to this food court.. always end up in the GP food court instead.. the other day i ate the song fish in kao lei, old town and i dont really like it cos too much bones.. have to be very careful with the smaller Y shape bones..

SimpleGirl said...

healthfreakmommy, yes i also feel that the price was rather reasonable!!

uLi, yes, the fish head was good!! I love it!!

reanaclaire, I think that's the reason they only use fish head, there was not much small bones lei. This place is within the plaza, not a food court, you may try it and let me know whether you like if or not. thanks.

foodbin said...

the fish looks fresh-what are the topping?

SimpleGirl said...

foodbin, nothing la, just spring onion n chinese celery...and fried garlic..the sauce was the main ingredients

J2Kfm said...

This remains as my favourite BKT in Ipoh, though this is not saying much compared to the real deal in Klang.

Second visit to Good Taste Chef (I think there's a branch in Greentown) ended up as a rather poor dining experience.

SimpleGirl said...

j2kfm, yes, according to my friend the outlet in Greentown not as good as this Bercham one....

Related Posts with Thumbnails