Adverlets

Monday, January 3, 2011

Kolo Mee and Sarawak Laksa@Kuching

Being a Malaysian for the past 30 years, this was my first time visiting Kuching, the East Malaysia. Landed at Kuching International Airport after 1 hour 40 mins flight from LCCT, it was not a long journey. Even though we are 1 Malaysia, but flying from West Malaysia, I had to go through the immigration, presented my Mycard and was given a slip of max 90 days stay, with no working permission. Queuing at the Immigration counter itself made me feel that the people there are rather laid back....I HAD a bad time waiting for my turn!!!!!
Taxi to the hotel near Riverfront costs RM26/=, which was just approximately 15-18 mins journey. Moving around Kuching in taxi will be killer, short distance like 1-2km costs at least RM12.

Anyway, finally I got a chance to try Sarawak Laksa and Kolo Mee at a coffee shop near the riverfront. The soup of the laksa looks different from our usual Penang laksa, taste wise, of course totally different, not as sour as Penang laksa, on the other hand, I feel my bowl of laksa not spicy enough. It taste somewhat like curry without coconut milk.



Kolo Mee is basically the dry version noodle in West Malaysia. The Kuching Kolo Mee is without dark soya sauce, looks bland but taste ok. Their noodles texture is different, not as springy as wantee mee, but taste good.



Anyway, it was a good experience, can't remember the coffee shop name, but it is located behind Harbour View Hotel, Kuching, open for lunch.

5 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Kolo mee or Sarawak laksa, I have not tasted before. Sob sob. I've heard how delicious Sarawak laksa is.
By the way, Happy New Year to you!

SimpleGirl said...

Little inbox, yeah, tasted the original Sarawak laska in Kuching was a good experience. Happy New Year to you and family too!!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

You traveled again? What an interesting life you have - traveling and trying new food, nice!

SimpleGirl said...

healthfreakmommy, I enjoy it too!!! Happy New Year to you and family!!!

Sir sc said...

omg kolok mee! T_T

Related Posts with Thumbnails