Adverlets

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

西記粥店 Sai Kei@ Mong Kok, Hong Kong


Brother in law recommended this shop to us. From our hotel, just a slow walk of 10 mins, we arrived at Sai Kei.
A humble shop normally patrons by locals, this is indeed a hidden gem. He recommended their porridge and mix soup ( with choices of fish slices, meat ball, innards, vegetables etc) come with rice. Oh, that was really super!
I ordered this mix beef slice, black pepper beef meat balls and vege soup, super duper good. As I mentioned earlier, I always go for beef in Hong Kong, as they taste better!


We also order ja leong 炸俩( the fried dough wraps with rice noodle), not bad though! I live the sauce that pours on top as well! But must eat it hot, then only the dough is crispy!


Loh Bak Go 蘿蔔糕 , the radish cake was another lovely dish! I can't get this in Malaysia, I mean the similar taste....nice


Price is reasonable, but dining ambiance just so so only!
Address: 旺角旺角道25號地下
No. 25, Mong Kok Road.
Open: Daily 0600 - 0200

2 comments:

jen said...

hk is like your second home, hehe.
i will definitely hunt for this place :)

SimpleGirl said...

Jen, how I wish....
Hey, enjoy your trip next month!
I will be there for a short trip as well next month!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails