Adverlets

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Take A break VIP Lounge@Ipoh Garden South

Sis told me that her friend introduced this laksa to her. What's so special??? Check this out, have you ever seen white colour laksa soup based??? I bet many of us have not seen it. Yes, this is the owner - Anna Ong's creation. The creamy white based soup is definitely not santan or milk, but her secret recipe. I quite like it, for a change, at least.
It's just that the soup was not hot enough, but taste wise, quite good actually.

( Sorry, taken with my phone and was in a hurry, not clear) - RM 6.00/bowl.

This place also is good for their blended juice.
That's the mango passion fruit blended juice @ RM6/=


We also ordered a chicken ham with cheese toast to share - very home made feeling,it taste good actually, but something which we can make at home, so on the other hand, nothing special...


Check out the interior of this restaurant...but somehow I don't know why they called it lounge???



If you are adventurous, check out this white soup based laksa. Staunch laksa lover might not like it, but I am ok with it!
The place: Take a break VIP Lounge
16, Tingkat Ipoh 11, Ipoh Garden South.
Open for breakfast, lunch and early dinner

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried it, the laksa! Not bad though

jen said...

hmm newly opened? i'm quite a fan of laska, will definitely try it out :)

SimpleGirl said...

jen, I heard they used to be in town area, yes, comparatively relocating to Ipoh Garden South, same row with Bee Gaik, corner lot

J2Kfm said...

I was half expecting a pub or karaoke. Okay, bad name aside, I'm definitely eyeing the white laksa.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It was called tab as it used to operate under to Take a break (tab) travel agent at Jalan Ali patchy. it was called lounge as it was at the waiting lounge for travellers, and not as alcohol related kind of lounge.

Yong said...

Hi Hi Hi Guys!! I've been to this place, very nice interior, cosy, like a travel club. And, aside from the white laksa, we also find their other food delicious, yellow and green curry in particular. And our kids like the pastas. The price is real cheap, so, if the food does not measure up to fine dining, so what? And, the owners, both Gillian and Anna, really good service and friendly..... Yes, I will defintely recommend to all my friends.

Valentin Lim said...

My husband lives and works in Ipoh during weekdays and he goes to this place every evening for his dinner. Says it reminds him of home, with the homemade cakes and pies.... And check out their lemon cheese cake. Best in town lah! Even Secret Receipe cannot measure up.

Sweetpie said...

My friends and I were at this place to taste the laksa. Ok, we enjoyed it. And the macaroons were lovely....all sorts of pastel colors and fruity flavours. Try it!

Sal said...

Sweetpie, why didn't you bring me along? I have been ordering macaroons from KL all this while?

Sweetpie said...

Mmmm.... Sal, Will bring you along the next time.

Anonymous said...

Wife and I visited this place and we love the interior setting, food aside. Enjoyed the scones with the homemade strawberry jam and also the beef pie. Will recommend to friends......

Anonymous said...

Do you know they serve lambshank now? Delicious....yummy....

Related Posts with Thumbnails