We indulged ourselves by staying at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi during our honeymoon at Hanoi. This is the hotel
That's the beautiful lake view taken from executive floor while we enjoyed our evening tea Some highlights about Hanoi trip:
1. Waterpuppet Show - Something not to be missed when visit Hanoi...amazing!!
2. Crazy shopping at Hang Gai Street@Old Quarter - with lots of nice handicraft, silk etc. However, bargaining skill is required. The sellers normally offer super high price, and after getting the hang of it, we found out that, at least 50% has to be slashed to get a real bargain!!!!
3. Trishaw ride to see the old quarter and french quarter area - super good experience esp to see how crazy is the traffic in Hanoi....seeing bikers coming from left right front back....be ensure that you have courageous enough, or else, you will get a heart attack!!! 4. Another gentle reminder : don't simply take cab in Hanoi, or else you will get a shock of your life seeing how fast the meter is jumping. A friend of us which is working in Hanoi told us to take only trusted brand name, and he recommended to take 'Mai Linh' and 'Hanoi Taxi'.
5. Try Vietnamese coffee and famous banana flower salad
6. Visit the historical site of US plane that came down during the war ( we just took a cab and asked the driver to send us there) This is located in the middle of a little lake near some residential area.
7. Last but not least, to visit some temples within Hanoi city